Time is running out for Valentine’s Day… but thankfully not for e-commerce providers.Valentine’s Day purchases go down to the wire, with nearly two-thirds of Valentine’s Day shoppers waiting until the last week to make their purchase Tweet This!.
And purchase they will! 54.9% of Americans will spend a record $18.9 billion over last year – up $1.6 billion Tweet This!.
Check out The Shelf’s Infographic, A Digital Marketing Guide to Valentine’s Day. They provide these 6 strategies for ecommerce providers to increase Valentine’s Day sales:
- Target Last Minute Shoppers – two-thirds of Americans don’t even begin planning until a week or less.
- Focus on Men – who spend nearly double what women spent last year.
- Pinterest Gift Collages – work with influencers to publish gift round-up collages with your products.
- Engagements – it’s the most popular day to get engaged!
- YouTube Hauls – work with vloggers and influencers to include your products in gift haul videos.
- Targeting – what are your customers looking for? Even pets are a huge draw so use targeting to increase conversions.